People typically contact me for one of two reasons.
You are a parent who is worried, and usually at their height of your concern, frustration and/or fatigue, with regards to a child or adolescent in your care.
You are an adult who is feeling somewhat stuck and unfulfilled in several aspects of your life, but are unsure as to what is holding you back from moving forward.
My expertise comes not only from my education and experience in this field, but also from being a parent, and from my own personal journey with therapy. I would not be the therapist I am today without all of these contributions.
After conducting a brief assessment, I work collaboratively with you to target the primary issues and concerns that brought you and/or your family into counselling. I tailor my approach to meet your needs and the priorities in your life. I remind clients that everything can be broken down into small steps – and small shifts can produce significant change. Life is busy and fast-paced for most of us, so I strive to deliver time-limited and focused interventions for my clients, that they can integrate into their lives at home.
Theoretical Approaches & Modalities:
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
- Attachment-Based Developmental Approach
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Play-Based Therapy
Certificates & Workshops:
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) Level 1 Certificate
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) Certificate
- The Neufeld Institute (Dr. Gordon Neufeld): Intensive I and II
- Sandtray and EMDR Intensive – Ana Gomez
- Play and Emotion Advanced Intensive
- Making Sense of Therapy Intensive
- Making Sense of Anxiety and Related Problems
- EMDR for Children and Youth: Ana Gomez
- EMDR Level 1 and Level 2
- Children’s Grief and Bereavement Certificate
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Reprocessing Early Trauma and Neglect Held in Implicit Memory – Sandra Paulsen